- In a signing statement on the spending bill, Trump stated that he is not bound by the bill’s restrictions on transferring detainees to Gitmo. [Link] Trump Fyle
- The Egyptian government destroyed 15 trucks traveling from Libya to Egypt with air strikes. The Egyptian government claims the trucks were smuggling weapons into Egypt. [Link] Africa Fyle
- At least 15 Malian soldiers have been killed by militants in the past week. [Link] Africa Fyle
- In a speech, Erdogan criticized Israel’s treatment of Palestinians. Israel responded by pointing out Erdogan’s poor treatment of his own people. [Link] Turkey Fyle
- ISIS has infiltrated a refugee camp on the border between Syria and Jordan. [Link] ISIS War Fyle
On Foreign Policy Focus #37, I discuss the hidden costs of US military spending. The defense budget is over $500 billion. However, the US government spends an additional $250 billion on the military. By keeping the money for overseas operations, veterans, and homeland security off the Pentagon’s budget, the US can spend billions on defense without the taxpayers knowing. I also update Africa, France, Syria, Iraq, and Afghanistan. LISTEN HERE!!