- Police were able to seize $21,000 from a sex worker with civil asset forfeiture. [Link] Bill of Rights Fyle
- The Pentagon is looking at a plan to carry out drone strikes against ISIS in the Philippines. [Link] Foreign Policy Fyle
- The Russian Navy has struggled to produce ships since the end of the Cold War. Russia does maintain an adequate submarine fleet. [Link] Russia Fyle
- Erik Prince has submitted a proposal to the Afghan government to provide air force services to the Afghan government. Prince’s private air force would have gunships. Prince will face legal hurdles in the US. [Link] Afghanistan Fyle
- Afghanistan is facing political challenges as the Vice President of Afghanistan attempts to return to the country. He is currently living in Turkey because he is accused of having a man beaten and sodomized. The Vice President has joined in a coalition with Afghan minority groups to demand the President of Afghanistan give up some of his power. [Link] Afghanistan Fyle
- A senior member of the UN Council investigating war crimes in Syria has resigned. The investigator said the council was not going to accomplish anything. [Link] Syria Fyle
- Saudi Arabia maintains the position that Assad will have no role in the future of Syria. Some reports falsely suggested that Saudi Arabia had changed their position. [Link] Syria Fyle
On Foreign Policy Focus #76, I discuss Trump’s foreign policy advisors. The media has labeled several of Trump’s establishment advisors as the “Adults.” The other group receives several titles; nationalists is the most common. While labeled as “adults” the establishment continues to push the same old failed policy. The nationalist support a slightly less hawkish foreign policy. I also update Syria, Afghanistan, Iraq, and Yemen. LISTEN HERE!!