- The Eighth Circut appeals court found that the First Amendment allows citizens to criticize police officers. [Link] Bill of Rights Fyle
- Louise Mensch and Claude Taylor published a story after being given fake information. The fake information was given to Mensch as a hoax. The hoaxer said Mensch did not ask any critical questions when they gave the fake information. [Link]
- Trump will continue to Obama plan of sending over $1 trillion to improve American’s nuclear weapons. [Link] Foreign Policy Fyle
- The US intelligence community feels it is being pressured by Trump to invent a cause for the US to claim Iran is violating the nuclear deal. [Link] Foreign Policy Fyle
- An Islamic State enclave on the Lebanon/Syria border has surrendered to the Lebanese Army and Hezbollah fighters. [Link] ISIS War Fyle
- The Intercept documents the high civilian death toll in Raqqa. Many of the deaths are being caused by US airstrikes. Some airstrikes are killing entire families. Many strikes are hitting civilian targets without any ISIS in the area. The US is also attacking all of the boats attempting to flee the city. [Link] ISIS War Fyle
- Israel tells Russia that Israel will bomb Assad’s palace if Iran extends its presence in Syria. [Link] Syria Fyle
On Foreign Policy Focus #85, I discuss the impact of the War on Terron on the US. My discussion on it is prompted by Trump’s plans to resume the sale of surplus military equipment to police departments. I explain how the war affects the economy, culture, and civil liberties. I also update North Korea, Yemen, Syria, and Afghanistan. LISTEN HERE!!