- Gareth Porter argues against the Russia-gate narrative. [Link]
- The mother of Philando Castile will receive $3 million from the city where her son was killed by a police officer. [Link]
- The US carried out an airstrike against al-Shabaab on Sunday. The strike was a part of the US mission in Somalia to defeat al-Shabaab and stabilize Somalia. [Link] Foreign Policy Fyle
- China said the US was acting provocatively when it sent a USS destroyer within 12 miles of a South China Sea island claimed by China. [Link] South China Sea Fyle
- North Korea tested another missile it claims was an ICBM capable of reaching the US. The missile was fired in the direction of Japan. Trump responded to the missile test on Twitter. [Link] North Korea Fyle
- Saudi Arabia and the UAE have extended the deadline for Qatar to meet their 13 demands till July 5th. [Link]
- The Syrian military has announced a temporary ceasefire for peace talks that will begin today. [Link] Syria Fyle
On Foreign Policy Focus #61, I update several conflicts from around the world. In Africa, I update ongoing conflicts in Mali, Libya, and Somalia. In the Middle East, I focus on US interventions in Syria, Yemen, Iraq, and Afghanistan. I also update the civil war in Ukraine. LISTEN HERE!!