- The US is giving the Philippines $150 million in weapons to help fight terrorism. The Philippines military is currently fighting an IS-linked group within the Philippines. [Link] Foreign Policy Fyle
- The State Department approved $1.4 billion in weapons and training to be sold to Saudi Arabia. This $1.4 billion dollar sale is part of the larger $110 billion in weapons that Trump agreed to sell Saudi Arabia. [Link] Foreign Policy Fyle
- Montenegro officially joined NATO. Montenegro is the first new member since 2009. [Link] Foreign Policy Fyle
- A Jordanian soldier has been charged with the murder of three US special operations soldiers. The three special operations soldiers were killed in Jordan last year. [Link]
- Two of the three men involved in the London terror attack have been identified, Khuram Shazad Butt and Rachid Redouane. Butt is of Pakistani decent and Redouane is from Libya. [Link] UK Fyle
- The Australian prime minister says a terrorist attack occurred in Melbourne. A man of Somali decent killed one man and took a woman hostage. He was then killed in a shootout with police. [Link]
On Foreign Policy Focus #49, Will Porter returns to the show to give updates on Iraq and Syria. In Mosul, the killing of civilians continues and Will write on it in, HUNDREDS OF CIVILIANS DEAD IN MOSUL AIRSTRIKE. In Syria, US policy has us fighting allies and Will explains it in his article, American Foreign Policy is a Trainwreck. LISTEN HERE!!