- The Pentagon buys fuel then sells it to the military branches at a markup. With the profits, the Pentagon funds other projects. The Pentagon has used money from this to train Syrian rebels. [Link] Wasteful Spending Fyle
- Senator Chris Murphy explains the danger of selling Saudi Arabia more weapons. [Link] Foreign Policy Fyle
- Repetitive Walter Jones introduces a bill to end funding for the war in Afghanistan. [Link] Afghanistan Fyle
- US Special Forces will receive 350 kamikaze drones to use in the fight against ISIS. [Link] ISIS War Fyle
- These articles break down the US airstrike against Syrian government-allied forces. Moon of Alabama – [Link] The Independent [Link] Chicago Tribune [Link] Syria Fyle
On Foreign Policy Focus #42, I discuss the fight that broke out between Erdogan’s bodyguards and pro-Kurdish protesters in DC. The fight provides good imagery for the relationship between the Turkish government and peaceful Kurdish civilians. Erdogan has restarted a war against the PKK and the Kurdish people of Turkey. Erdogan’s feeling towards Kurds has implications for US policy in Syria. I also discuss several other current events. LISTEN HERE!!