- The White House has released a list of the 11 people Trump is considering nominating to be the next FBI Director. [Link] Trump Fyle
- The US is closing in on a deal to sell Saudi Arabia $100 billion in weapons. [Link] Foreign Policy Fyle
- Lithuania’s president calls for US troops to be permanently stationed in Lithuania. [Link]
- The president of Somalia is asking the UN to lift a 25-year embargo against Somalia. The embargo prevents weapons from being sold to Somalia. [Link] Africa Fyle
- Turkey has arrested the online editor of a news outlet. The arrest warrant was issued after the news outlet ran a story about the death of a prosecutor. [Link] Turkey Fyle
- A suicide bomber in Pakistan killed 25 people in an attack on a member of the Pakistani Senate. The Senator was traveling in a convoy and survived the attack. The Islamic State group in Pakistan is claiming responsibility. [Link] Pakistan/India Fyle
- The Hadi government has condemned the secessionist push in South Yemen. [Link] US/Saudi War Against Yemen Fyle
On Foreign Policy Focus #39, I discuss US interventions across Africa and Asia. The US is going to provide support for the West African coalition fighting Islamists. The US is selling $2 billion in weapons to the UAE. The UAE is currently fighting against the US-backed government in Libya. The Afghan government nearly lost a key province to the Taliban. I also update nuclear waste, Iraq, Syria, Yemen, and the drug war. LISTEN HERE!!