- Obama’s National Security Advisor Susan Rice looked into intelligence reports on Trump team members. Rice accessed the reports during the last seven months of Obama’s term. [Link] Trump Fyle
- After statements last week about shifting US policy in Syria from Assad most go, Nikki Haley now says that Assad is a priority and the US wants to charge him with war crimes. [Link] Foreign Policy Fyle
- The UN reports that over 300,000 people have been displaced Mosul since fighting started in October. [Link] ISIS War Fyle
- The US military now says they do not know where the ISIS leader Baghdadi is at. Officials had believed that Baghdadi was trapped in Mosul. [Link] ISIS War Fyle
- Erdogan says that Turkey is planning new operations in Syria. Last week, Turkey announced an end to their military operation in Syria. Turkish troops did not withdraw from Syria when they announced the end of the military operation. Erdogan may have been rebranding the military operation in Syria and does not intend to change Turkish plans in Syria. [Link] Syria Fyle
- The Pentagon announced Monday that the US has carried out over 20 drone strikes in Yemen since the middle of last week. The drone strikes targeted al-Qaeda. [Link] US/Saudi War Against Yemen Fyle
- An airstrike in Yemen hit a taxi carrying civilians. After paramedics had arrived on the scene, a second strike hit the same site. The bodies of the eight that were killed remained on the street for hours as everyone was too afraid of another strike to go closer to the bodies. Reports suggest that Saudi Arabia carried out the attack. [Link] US/Saudi War Against Yemen Fyle
On Foreign Policy Focus #22, I discuss blowback and how Americans need to accept blowback as a consequence of interventionism. I also update current events in foreign policy news. LISTEN HERE!!