- In Houston Texas, the district attorney announced a program that will allow people caught with under four ounces of pot to take a four-hour decision-making class. The class will cost $150, and anyone who chooses to take the class will not face any criminal prosecution. [Link] War on Drugs Fyle
- ISIS killed 17 Afghani troops by overrunning security posts in the Nangarhar Province. This comes a week after the Afghani government announced it was starting an offensive against ISIS in the Nangarhar Province. [Link] Afghanistan Fyle
- The Pakistan government claims they have killed over 100 terrorists in response to the terrorist attack on a shrine. [Link] Pakistan/India Fyle
- Turkey continues to fight against ISIS in al-Bab. The Turkish government reports taking most of the city, while a humanitarian group claims that ISIS still controls 90% of the city. The group also reports that Turkey has killed 45 civilians in the past 48 hours. This brings the total for the two-month offensive to 430 civilians killed. [Link] ISIS War Fyle
- Doctors Without Borders says it was likely Russia that bombed a hospital in the Idlib Providence last year. 25 people were killed when the hospital was bombed. [Link] Syria Fyle
Check out the third episode of my podcast Foreign Policy Focus. I cover the Trump’s talk with Bibi, Russia and US relations, Syria, ISIS, Yemen, and North Korea. LISTEN HERE!