- A sheriff ordered deputies to “take out” an unarmed man. The deputies later murdered the man. [Link]
- Former Kentucky district judge pleas guilty to human trafficking charges. [Link]
- Trump aide, Rob Porter, resigns after his history of domestic abuse is revealed. Both of Porter’s ex-wives told the FBI that Porter abused them. [Link] White House Chief of Staff John Kelley offers to step down for his role in the scandal. [Link]
- The US has armed Persian Gulf patrol boats with laser-guided missiles. [Link]
- 71 people have been killed in plane crash in Russia. [Link]
- Kim Jung Un invites South Korea’s president to talks. [Link]
- The US carried out several drone strikes in Pakistan targeting the Pakistani Taliban. [Link] Pakistan Fyle
- Senator Rand Paul says it’s time to come home from Afghanistan. [Link] The Taliban have invited Rand Paul to peace talks. [Link] Afghanistan Fyle
- An Afghan governor is rejecting government voter ID card because it labels him as an ‘Afghan.’ [Link] Afghanistan Fyle
- Israel claims an Iranian drone entered Israeli airspace. Israel downed the drone and carried out heavy airstrikes in Syria. Syria was able to shoot down one F-16I involved in the attack. Both pilots survived. [Link] US State Department issues a statement supporting Israel’s actions. [Link] Syria Fyle
- Syrian Kurds down a Turkey helicopter over Afrin. [Link] Assad is allowing the Syrian Kurds to reinforce Afrin. [Link] Syria Fyle
- Human Rights Watch accuses the Iraqi Kurds of carrying out mass executions against alleged IS fighters in mid-2017. [Link]
On FPF #154, I discuss the Olympics and Syria. The Koreans entered the games under a unified flag. Mike Pence and Kim Yo-jong have received a lot of attention for their appearance at the opening ceremony. John Bolton claims the sanctions against North Korea have failed and its time for the US to make “hard choices.” Kim Jung Un has offered to have talks with South Korea’s President.
In Syria, the Syrian Army downed an Israel F-16. Mike Huckabee responded by saying all North Koreans and Iranians are evil.Turkey continues to push into Afrin. I also break down a speech by Rep Ileana Ros-Lehtinen on her Syria policy. LISTEN HERE!!